Hello all!

Welcome to my blog and thanks for reading! My name's Kyra(keer-ah) and I'm excited to share new music, tips, style and anything interesting!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rain, Rain Go Away . . .

Today was one of those rare rainy days in Southern California. Instead of the usual flocking/mobbing of the beach, people sought refuge from the icy 70 degree weather in coffee shops and living rooms. Alas, what is there to do? Sure, Snow White and the Huntsman looks good, but I don't have any money. The mall? Once again, that pesky money problem. So, what does a girl like me, stuck in her house during a bummer summer do for fun? Well, I'm glad you asked.  


1.) Read 


  

It doesn't matter what you read. Go to the nearest supermarket and stock up on magazines if you have to (I don't have to, I do this for fun. I'm kind of a magazine addict; People Style Watch, Seventeen, Allure, and even those gossip magazines. I don't know why, but I can never pass up a good ol' fashion police article). You can even read those super cheesy romance novels. No one can see you, you're safe!!!      

Hey, put on a shirt, Guy!!!
Allow me to recommend some reading material: 
If you never read and hate to, read the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. The books are really exiting and you won't get bored at all, which is the reason I stop reading a book most of the time. The characters are funny and interesting and you never go "Gah, I hate everyone is this whole book, and if they all died I wouldn't care. In fact, I hope they all die, so that the book's over!" What, am I the only one who does that? Alright, the Mortal Instruments everyone!!! 

Hey, put a shirt on, Guy!!!
  Next up, if you consider yourself a pretty avid reader who can survive a slightly more serious novel, read The Adoration of Jemma Fox. It's soooo good! I won't even describe, just read! 

   

The same people who like TAOJF, would like Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver! 

     

I don't want to be discriminating, so last but not least, if you're a guy reading my blog, or a girl whatever, read I Am the Messenger!!!    

      

2.)  Spend hours watching you tube videos. 








     


 


3.) Make playlists 
This semi-cool hobby has a  kind of embarrassing back story. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away,  Netflix used to send out DVDs. So basically, everyone in my family would put movies they wanted to watch on the Netflix queue. There wasn't any order, which became a problem when my parents would put whole seasons of 24 on the list. We would get my parent's movies for weeks. 
Someone had to step up, and make a fair queue order, but no one wanted to, because the list had amassed so many movies at this point, there were about 50. Finally, I was sick of not getting my Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs and organized the list. Two of my parents DVDs would come one week, then one of mine and one of my sister's the next. I spent hours of rearranging and adding movies, but the really sad part was . . . I started to like it!!! I had power over our entertainment and the ability to restore balance to the force. The system was just!!! 
Needless to say, Netflix's online movie database has increased immensely and now we don't get DVDs in the mail. So, what do I do? I make playlists! I organize all of my songs in lists according to occasion and mood. It's so fun! In fact, I'll make a special rainy day playlist for you right niow. . . .   

-Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head- Burt Bacharach  


-I'm Just A Little Black Rain Cloud- Winnie the Pooh 


-I'm Singing In the Rain-Gene Kelly


-She's Thunderstorms-The Arctic Monkeys   


-Changing the Rain-The Horrors  


-Little April Shower-Bambi 




4.) Put on makeup 
This form of fun can also double as a procrastination technique if I have homework. Basically this is what happens. I'll look at myself in the mirror and say "Gee, I look like a hag, I need some mascara." So, I'll put on some mascara. "Hmm, maybe a little eyeliner to define my eyes more." I apply eyeliner. "I look absolutely bezitted, I need concealer pronto!" Put on concealer. "Some blush would make me look brighter and more awake." "Wow, I'm so pale, I need bronzer." "How about some lipstick?" Twenty minutes later and I look like a clown. 


 
 


5.) Last, but not least, write!!! Start your own blog, write stories, whatever!!!    

Thanks for reading!!!







1 comment:

  1. "Iiiiii can go ANYwheeeeere! Take a look! It's in a book! A Reading Rainboooow....Reading RainBOOOOOOW!!"

    ReplyDelete