Hello all!

Welcome to my blog and thanks for reading! My name's Kyra(keer-ah) and I'm excited to share new music, tips, style and anything interesting!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I wish I could Afford . . .

Welcome, welcome to the first "I Wish I Could Afford . . . " post on HelloKyra. Have you ever flipped through a magazine to only find all of the clothes are worth hundreds of dollars? Ever searched through tons of websites for that perfect dress, only to find that it's trop chere? Well, been there girlfriend! 
Together, we will protest these ridiculous prices, for things that are super cute, but not that cute!!! United we will fight against these oppressive costs, and win our freedom!!!! (or get jobs) 


Exhibit A) When a fashion forward girl like myself first observes these edgy and chic leather shoes, she might think she died and went to shoe heaven. Probably because the price made her die of shock!!!! Yeah, I just went there!!! Jeffrey Campbell, $188.   

Dresses - Swan in a Million Dress

Exhibit B) Wow! Look at that uniquely modern, yet retro design! But wait a tick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGDmpk1Ideo), would I really pay $290 for picture of a swan? Burn! Eva Franco, $287.99  

   

Exhibit C) Just looking at these boots launches me into a fantasy where I'm leaping through a field of flowers . . . and stomping on any hopes of buying these shoes. Doc Martens, $110.  

Zimmermann Devoted floral-print swimsuit    
Exhibit D) Have you ever seen anything so majestic? At least looking at it is free. Zimmermann, $375 

DV By Dolce Vita Nettie Chiffon Blouse   

Exhibit E) So chic . . . . . . so expensive. DV Dolce Vita, $115.        

Yay! My post is complete and who knew making sassy one-liners about pieces of clothing would be so fun?! Cue music!!!!   






 But in all honesty, be thankful for what you have, because some people may not even have that. Ok you can cut the music now!

If there's something you really want, but just can't buy, comment!!! I would love to hear your stories! And don't forget to follow me!

And as always, thank you for reading my blog and putting up with my jokes! You're such a good friend (that goes out to my only reader, Paige)!!!!!!! 

Bye!!!

3 comments:

  1. Totally knew those were Jeffrey Campbells! Go me!
    And I'm LOVING the Doc Martens. Ohmygosh, where did you find those!? On their site?
    As for the music, nice choice...really set the tone.
    One thing, though. The font color is super light and hard to read - @ least on my computer - so I would change that if I were you.
    Now I'm off to look at ridiculously expensive clothes and cry all over my keyboard! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bam already changed the font! Thank you for all of the helpful comments and I know right? Those doc Martens are SO cute! We'll get through this together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here's the link to the shoes: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-boots/path-to-fame-boot.

    ReplyDelete