Hello all!

Welcome to my blog and thanks for reading! My name's Kyra(keer-ah) and I'm excited to share new music, tips, style and anything interesting!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Library Haul

So chances are if you've ever been to the wide world of you tube, you've had the honor of watching a "haul"video. Hauling is when girls go to stores, buy a ton of crap, and then talk for at least twenty minutes describing each item they purchased in excruciating detail. Sounds like all anyone could ever hope for right? Ha. Ha. 
I AM into makeup and "girly stuff", but seriously, just tell me what you bought and then finish.  
So you're probably wondering, "if you hate hauling so much, why are you making a post about it then?" My answer is this: duh THIS haul isn't boring. It's about CDS which are awesome and I won't talk about each one forever. 
Watching those boring haul videos gave me this idea. Whenever I go to the library, I usually get around five CDS and maybe 2-3 books. This way, in these posts, I can review each thing I got so you can know which things to AVOID and which things to RUN LIKE THE WIND FOR.  Here's my first CD starting . . . now!!! 


1.) The Dandy Warhols, Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia 



        


8/13 - - - > this is how many of the songs I liked. I heard of this band because their song "We Used To Be Friends" is the theme song of Veronica Mars (Best show ev- ah which I coincidentally also checked out at the library when I was watching the series.) The Dandy Warhols I would say are kind of rock mixed with pop, but on this album they sounded more dreamy. My top three favorite songs: Bohemian Like You, Solid, and Nietzsche. 

2.) Selena Gomez and the Scene, When the Sun Goes Down 


    


2/12  Hey don't judge me for listening to a Selena Gomez CD! Well, I tried it, but it was too poppy for me. I only liked "I Love You Like A Love Song" and "Bang Bang Bang".  

3.) Kaiser Chiefs, Off With Their Heads  


  


9/11 This one was my favorite! Get this CD right away, it's really good! RUN! I can't even tell you my favorite song on this album because they're all really good! 

4/5.) Gnarls Barkley, St. Elsewhere and The Odd Couple  


          

          
                                                     



I thought I would like one of these albums because I liked the song "Crazy" and I knew Cee Lo Green was in this band and I liked "Forget You". I could tell the songs were well done, but it just isn't the type of thing I would like to listen to usually. 

6.) KEANE, Perfect Symmetry 


    

I decided once again not to put down how many songs I liked on this album because I really didn't like any of hem. I decided to check this album out because my friend Paige likes Keane a lot and because I like their song "Somewhere Only We Know", but I didn't like this one so much because it sounded really poppy. I looked it up online and a lot of people said they didn't like this album because Keane decided to try something new for this album. My library also had their other album Under the Iron Sea so I think I'll check that one out next time. 

Those were all of my albums! I encourage you to go to your library and just check out a lot of CDs from a lot of bands even if you don't know them very well because you get to listen to a lot of different kinds of music. Also, it helps to go with a friend because they can suggest things for you or tell you if something is bad or not. Although it's a lot of work to listen to all of the different songs and figure out which ones you like and don't like (6 CDS is like 60 songs if each album only has 10 songs) it's worth it when you find one that you really like.   

Also here's the books I checked out:  

7.) Wither (Chemical Garden series) by Lauren DeStefano  

    


8.) Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires series) by Rachel Caine   

      



That's it! And remember . . . . 















6 comments:

  1. Yes, Morganville Vampires! I'm glad you're checking that series out! It's a goodie!

    Over the past couple years, my musical tastes have changed A LOT. Although I'll always have a fondness for Keane, they are a little too poppy for me now. You might like Under the Iron Sea, though. Hamburg Song is one of my faves off that album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, what's up with that, Kyra? Srsly. This is srs bznss.

      Delete
  3. IDK I kinda thought it sucked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, it didnt suck.
      But it is ur blog and if ur not happy u have the right to change it to make u happy.

      Delete